Father's Day

It's been a while but I am back!

It's time to talk about Father's Day. I will go on record and say that I think it's just as important as Mother's Day. I also happen to feel that holidays in this country are just more geared towards women. Gifts , and more gifts for women!! That's quite fine; good women deserve it all. But in this world of many deadbeat ass men the good ones should most definitely be heralded.

I think I'm a good ways away from fatherhood but when I see proactive men in their kid's life it gives me great incentive. I would love to be a great dad; I surely plan on doing so. My reasoning for being such a father wouldn't ever be for any accolade on a given day but more so because it's just important. I'm inclined to feel that for a child to grow as holistically as possible it is a plus to have a father present in their life. The presence of a man in the household adds a healthy balance for both the mother and the child. Fathers have the same profound impacts that mothers do as seen in the above photo.

I've been real lucky to have some great examples for fathers in my life through my cousins or my brother or my uncles. I really lucked out, most people who had a parent die or didn't have a father around probably didn't do the most prudent things. So I take my hat off to my positive examples. I also take my hats off to any pops out there reading this. Keep doing what you do. short and sweet today, fellas enjoy your day, ladies treat them right!

Be Good

Comments

  1. Absolutely. When Fathers day comes around, my dad laughs. Although I don't wait until the holiday to celebrate him, I think that it's only right to join the rest of the country in paying tribute to good fathers, father figures and overall good men who get a bad rap because of the deadbeats....ps: there are plenty of deadbeat women.....so uhm yea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?