Me? Married? Part 2



I would guess as a single male that this isn't the norm daily. By norm I mean finding your wife in lingerie as you come home from work. You see since I'm not married I can only fantasize about what my marriage would be like. Today's post is a follow up to yesterday's. Lately I've been thinking about my expectations of marriage. In my own stupid  little way it would be so cool to come home to my wife oiled up everyday like this lol. This however is unrealistic; I know this but we can all dream can't we?

Have you ever gave thought to the kind of person you need in your life? What type of characteristics must one possess for you to say "this is someone I can settle with."? Today I figured I fill you in on some qualities I would look for...you ready?

Humor- I have to laugh it's imperative to my life. We have to be able to have fun and act like total asses around each other.... I'm just jovial like that.

Generous- I would need to be with someone that was selfless because if I know one thing it's that sacrifice is necessary for growth in every facet of life.

Goal Oriented- My potential wife has to have some goals. I'm not saying she has to be a doctor. All I am saying is that she has to want to build and have some idea on how she's going to go about that.

Good Mother?- My potential wife has to want kids... because I want them. With that said, I would have to believe this woman would be a good mother and part of that goes back to being generous and sacrifice.

I by no means think this is being picky lol. Along with what I've just mentioned there are also some other little things that would be nice if my wife did.

This sounds pretty bad, but I really hope my wife is good with math and doesn't mind holding the kid(s) down with homework...I kinda just don't wanna do it lol. I also would love it if my wife did the dishes, I'm not a big dishes fan lol. Don't get all upset yet though because I will gladly cook and wash clothes lol. I know this sounds pretty funny but these are all things I think you should think about.

What kind of man/woman would you commit to?
Ever had these thoughts?
Think about it, and be good.

Comments

  1. Great list!

    I've never given much thought to what I would like untl you end up in a relationship that has a few holes. I believe that what you are asking for are realistic wants. I think my big thing that I would have listed along with yours is Consistency... I have bad experiences with "change". But my mom always told me if you expect nothing, you're never disappointed.

    Good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not being picky lol, but by any means everyone needs to have a standard, without standards you really don't have an idea of what you'd want in a spouse

    http://sweettobegracie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful list.......nothing superficial. LiL, I pray to God that He blesses you with someone like that and more. Honestly, I had my nonsuperficial list and God blessed me with a man who embodies all of that. Honestly, it will come unexpectedly and in a way you don't even think! You'll wonder, 'what the hell was I doing before?' Making the list is one thing, not settling until you get someone like it....is another. Be patient Lil because great women are like finding a one hundred dollar bill on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, purposeful.

    Let me add, from experience, that once a man meets "her" he will definitely know she's the one whom life should be spent. If I had to give advice, I'd suggest good moms...and generous women.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?