Lowering Your Stock


Just about two months ago was my last post. I apologize for being so quiet it's been pretty hectic the past few weeks. I'm back now and trying to get back into the swing of things. I've been paying a lot of attention to myself and all these new things I'm noticing about myself emotionally as it pertains to women. Some of my fellas say I'm getting soft... I wouldn't go that far. I am however a little better at viewing things from other than my perspective. I'm hoping my writing reflects that in the future. This brings us to today where I want to touch on the issue of respect. There's a twist today though, it's not about I respect you or you respect me blah blah. This is more about how a woman can shoot herself in the foot.

I'm sure we all have a good idea about the basis of respect. You have to give it to get it and what not, but do we remain cognizant of this daily? I find myself taken aback sometimes with responses I get from women about certain things and I really  feel that women have a short memory. You as a man could be amazing to someone and you slip something up here or there, and their reaction to it is as if you've been horrible to them since day one. Am I alone on this? I hope not, I'm not ranting either, but for any women reading this; these things send messages. Guys have a lot lower tolerance than women for attitudes or let downs, I promise you. A reaction like the one I aforementioned would be a catalyst to you losing the respect of your interest.

I'll give you a great example; a personal one. I used to be into this one girl a while back. At that point in time I was just starting to talk to women more again because I finally settled my academic stuff. Now I had all this free time and I was able to address some thing about myself that I thought could use some change. Well I knew this fine woman, and we would talk, and I think the admiration was mutual, and it was cool just to kick it and talk to her. She had great things going for herself, independent , you know...the works! Somewhere along the this line I lost respect for this woman. How could this possibly happen?! Well while we were talking we had a conversation one day where she randomly said "I can't handle any relationship right now." I was like that's perfectly fine. I certainly wasn't pressing her for it. But about 2-3 weeks later I hit her up just to say hello and she's like "nothing much just chilling with my family from out of town and my boyfriend." I just looked at my phone and nodded okay. I replied "That sounds good." I then proceeded to never text her again...and she hasn't hit me since then.

My point is she knows what she did, and although I never pressed her for something serious she knew I thought she had much potential. We did the date thing that was fun and cute, we flirted  and that was fine and dandy. Ultimately you can't help but feel strung along. NO MAN likes that shit. If you're one of those women that just enjoy receiving attention even if you're not that into someone, you will continue to lose. Life has a way  of always making sure you get humbled. Stringing someone along will be the fastest way for you to lose the respect of a man. Be honest; we're too prideful to feel like we've wasted our time.

Conversely I remember talking to this one girl in undergrad who was cool, we went out once, we had a little crush on each other, but we wanted too different things. I was cool messing around keeping things light. She was ready for more stability. She didn't have sex with me then tell me this, as a matter of fact we never had sex. She called me downstairs one day to speak to me face to face. She said that she doesn't want to continue if we're going to want different things. I respected her honesty so much, I smiled, gave her a hug and told her don't even worry about it. I appreciated that honesty so much and till this day I'll always dig her for that. That's a mark of a woman, and a mark of maturity. She will always have my respect, because she respected me enough to not let things get to another point.

Of course these are just my thoughts, I've been meaning to write this for over a month, glad I could finally put it down. What's your thoughts?

Comments

  1. I agree and disagree. I agree with what you're saying because of course the noble and mature thing to do would be being honest. I disagree because her saying that she could not handle a relationship right now doesn't necessarily mean she lied, she's basically saying in one way or another hoping you'll catch the drift that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with YOU. Men do it all the time =/ In her head she probably didn't want to hurt your feelings or deal with the issue at hand. I'm sure you've told a girl or two a few white lies to let them down easy lol. It's not necessarily bad or good, but you're right, honesty is the best policy.

    - Gracie
    http://sweettobegracie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...and you proved my point, where you're wrong is I don't do the white lies, I'm not in the business of letting people down easy, I'm in the business of being honest about intentions. If feelings get hurt in the process I still know i was honest at the end of the day. That should take precedence over everything else. So as much as I caught her drift, she was still wrong feel me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post. This is an issue that I believe men and women both struggle with (OMG, You've been doing this since like 1992, when really the first time was last week.) I think is boils down to how you deal with anger and disappointments.

    In my opinion, when I hear someone blow up like that, it says to me that there is something else going on. It's not just that one encounter that they are talking about, it is a whole bunch of things that led up to this blow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to agree with Grace here...I think the "nice" thing for her to do was to say she didn't want to be in a relationship to you. It wasn't honest, it wasn't right, it wasn't mature, but it was nice at the time. Just like men hate being strung along, women hate to hurt someone's feelings. Especially when it's a guy who they genuinely do care about but maybe don't want to be with. I can understand why she might have done it, but I'm drawing my own conclusions here. I personally don't believe in stringing people along, especially when you know they want something more.

    -http://carrymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said Nhya, couldn't have pin pointed that any better!

    - Gracie
    http://sweettobegracie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point, horrible examples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?