Protect Yourself At All Times



You let your guard down, then POW!!! Not a nice ending right? It sure as hell isn't so today I hope to help you avoid this as much as possible. I want to talk about what I feel is trust. I had a great conversation with a friend a few weeks back where he felt as if you can never fully trust anyone. I had to disagree with him. I couldn't possibly not fully trust someone whom I think I would marry. And I thought that point was relevant enough. I simply told my boy that you have to be realistic.

I truly feel that once you lose sense of what is reality you then leave yourself wide open for some sort of failure. I define trust as giving someone the opportunity to do right in whatever facet. I do not believe that trust should be synonymous with being naive. What the hell are you talking about Kahlil?! What I'm saying is that when I trust someone I don't negate the fact that they are human and that they can fuck up at any which moment. Trust is hoping you'd always use your better judgment, not ignoring the real possibilities.

You should never trust at the risk of being utterly stupid. The above photo is the infamous Mayeweather- Ortiz fight. This was a fight in which Ortiz blatantly headbutted Mayweather on about 3 occasions followed by a low blow. After the referee separates both men and deducting a point from Ortiz, Ortiz then wants to truce Mayweather with a dap. They dap once, but maybe Ortiz trusted that Mayweather wasn't too upset about his antics. He then leaves his hands down after the referee says time in thinking Mayweather would be a sport, but no. Mayweather sucker punches him as a receipt for his antics. Ortiz trusted that Mayweather was above that behavior and got knocked out. Do not be that guy, be honest with yourself don't be naive but give the benefit of the doubt. this was just a simple idea and i would love to know your thoughts on it.

Be Good

Comments

  1. Absolutely. The first point you made about trust and marriage is crucial. The second point you made about confusing trust and being Naive is even more crucial. As you said, it is important to give people the benefit of the doubt until they themselves give you a reason not to trust them. And if you can't trust someone, how the hell are you going to partner yourself with them for life, reciting vows before man and God until death do you part???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?