Strictly Business


Priorities are something else aren't they? I was having a conversation with someone yesterday and we covered a bunch of topics. The conversation eventually progressed into an idea of mine that sometimes in your life you have to make business type decisions. I love making analogies and i suppose this is one of them. I'm 23 years old, in my own mind I believe I'm building a brand. I'm building my brand. Right now is a whole lot of groundwork being put in which began with graduating college. At this stage in the game my eyes are open to opportunity, this is the time to do my dibbling and dabbling.

With all that being said, it is my belief that in life you have to have the wisdom to know what will give you the best opportunity to succeed at certain times. To be more clear I'm saying that there are times where you have to cut certain things or people from your life in order to handle business. By saying business I mean anything you're trying to achieve or any obligations that are asked of you. This whole life is about making keen adjustments. The older you get the less people will give a crap about your excuses. You have to figure out what sacrifices you have to make.

Making sacrifices isn't easy but they're necessary. You have to begin to pride yourself on thinking about what's good for the long term. Feelings may be hurt in the process, and you might even be down but fact remains you have big moves to make and some people aren't built to go on that same ride with you. There might be some reading this who have people around them stunting them from their full potential. For one reason or another you feel needed or that you shouldn't let them go and the truth is they are toxic for you.

Learn and embrace the fact that sometimes you have to adapt, and adapting might mean taking you out of your comfort zone. To that I say boohoo. I say that because I've had times in which I had to make tough decisions and seemingly lose people I deeply cared about for a bigger purpose. There was a method to my madness and my means justified my ends. I have always prided myself on making sound decisions. Your business decisions have no bias linked to them. They're based on fact. Think of your decision making as mathematics or science. Those things can be proven they're tangible and can;t be questioned. You know exactly what you're going to get when you make decisions from a business mindset. When you throw emotions into things, you can think of emotions as religion, any religion. In that case you're throwing hope and wishes and things that may not be promised into your decision making, which would cloud it. Don't be offended, but the fact is people question religion more than they would an equation; it;s a basic argument in philosophy. When you end up putting all that emotion into decisions regarding your own future it throws your own progress into question.

Just be open to change and be open to making the tough decisions to curtail certain things in order to get where you need to be. This was just something on my mind, leave your thoughts. Be good.


Comments

  1. I have also learned more recently that when you're about your business not everyone will be happy for you or see where you're coming from and so you don't need to keep them around. Sometimes you just need to do what's best for you. It's not easy, like you said, but it's a part of growing up.

    http://carrymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thoughts. At times my patients treat their workplace as a family which it is not. They feel guilt about putting their own interests (leaving for a better job)ahead of the business, forgetting that that this business could some day come and say without notice "Goodbye, and please take your files with you on the way out." Thanks for supporting my channel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?