Bitch, You Wasn't Shooting With Me In The Gym! (Sorry I took so long)



So what do we see above? I'll caption this for you perfectly in a short story... enjoy. Above you see Vanessa and Kobe Bryant at a press conference. If I'm not mistaking this is taking place during the 03-04 season while the Lakers were pursuing an unprecedented 4th straight NBA championship. The Lakers were long time  my team. This particular season you would say that the Lakers had an all star starting line up and were a shoe in for their title. Their starting line up consisted of 4 sure fire first ballot hall of famers. We're talking about Kobe Bryant, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Shaquille O'Neal. If you didn't watch basketball you've still probably heard these names.

I've gone on this tangent to tell you that in the above photo Vanessa Bryant is supporting her man in the 03-04 season during a press conference where Kobe claims his innocence of a rape charge. Here's the catch, he said that the sex was consensual. Thus meaning he cheated on his wife who by the way was his high school sweetheart. Now Kobe married this woman without a pre-nup, and to that I say too bad.

You see up until this point it may seem like I'm rambling but I have a real problem right now. It's a shame enough guys don't agree with me but I really don't care. By now if you pay attention to hip hop music you've probably heard Drakes line in "Stay Schemin" in which he expresses his sorrow for the fact that his mans has to lose half of the bread he made while married. His words were eloquently said as "Bitch you wasn't shooting with me in the gym." That line was then repeated to make it even more emphatic. Now i love cursing and ignorance just as much as the next guy but that line says so much more. I'm trying to grasp how Kobe has become the victim here. I mean really how in the name of Jah is Vanessa wrong for leaving dude? Let me bring you up to speed. The word is that Kobe never stopped living the way he was living and Vanessa had enough (in a nutshell).

So a wife stays home has your children, helps raise them while you're gone for long periods but because she wasn't shooting with you in the gym she shouldn't be able to leave nor take half? you can miss me with that shit, that's completely asinine. Why in the world should she continue to stay in a situation in which she's being continuously  disrespected? I respect Kobe Bryant, he's an amazing professional but i can't respect his decision to continue to shit on his wife.

What not makes matters worse is that this song "Stay Schemin" had magnified the hood's ignorance. As far as i see it, if you don't want to lose 150 million beans then get your act right. That woman didn't mean enough to him, point blank. Now of course people with baby mama's who can't be promoted to working the drive through think they can act up just as bad. It's a problem to say the least, I think that line is just a microcosm of the ignorance many people possess; I'll simply say I'm not with it.


Only in this world would we view a woman as being a thief. You can say she owes Kobe everything she has and I would agree, but it doesn't give you the right to continuously play shorty for a fool. She took all she could and I for one take my invisible hat off to her. Spit all the clever rhymes and what not to score your hood brownie points, fact still remains that wifey still getting those 150 M's.

I'm back, be good.

Comments

  1. Boo-Ya! Thank you very much lil! My thought is this: she was with him in High School before the millions and championship rings, so I can conclude that she really loved dude. Second, as you said, she had and raised his children. Third, she stayed by him even after he cheated.

    So to all the ignorant people: No, she wasn't in the gym shooting threes but she was at the press conference with egg on her face when Kobe was charged with rape. She was on the sideline cheering him on (since high school). And she was holding down the fort at home while he was on the road playing in the NBA and playing with groupies. So hmmm? does she deserve $150 mill.....Hell to the Hell yeah she does!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?