Losing To Losers


A long time ago I wrote a Post called "Do Nice Guys Really Finish Last?" In that Post I briefly talked about whether or not being a "nice guy" was essentially a detriment. In the long run it isn't. For some reason I think this post relates to it somewhat. I think they intertwine somewhere. But I speak today of a situation in which I think so many of us have been in at one point of another. If anything it shows great vulnerability to even speak about it, but it has it's relevance. Have you ever broke up with someone just to see them move on into worse situations? Ever think to yourself well damn at least upgrade?

Well thanks to good ol' Beyonce'  she gave many women an anthem when she dropped "Upgrade You." Nevertheless the philosophy makes a heck of a lot  of sense. It may be one of the worst feelings when someone else is chosen over you, or you lose someone to someone else whom you feel isn't worthy by any means. For some of you, you may naturally feel a way about that. That's perfectly normal and fine. I don't think the issue is about validation, especially if you put your best foot forward. What I do think it has to deal with is your partner possibly being caught up with a short term desire rather than long term. Of course that's just my opinion.

Nevertheless we go through these situations and when I speak of downgrading and upgrading I'm really not focused on the physical. In my opinion a woman could care less about physics if someone is catering to whatever she has set forth she needs. But The money is always in how you treat someone. The value in that I believe isn't truly seen till the "honeymoon" phase is over. True respect and admiration doesn't disappear and it will always hold steady. When respect is loss, and proper treatment is lacking, that's what I would classify as a loser.

To anyone affected by a situation like this, I give you advice I always give myself and that has been given from those before me. Simply put, you have to set a standard. This is your calling card and your meal ticket. You don't compromise yourself for anyone, the real will always win out. I'll reiterate that being the genuinely good person has drawbacks. We take the MEAN licking, but even the tortoise wins the raise. Sure it isn't the most glamorous deal but I feel you have to sleep at night. What's always important is staying true to you. Integrity will get you farther than any accolade. Without that what do you have? So if you're down on yourself about a situation like this, take your time and get over it, continue being you and it will pay off; it always has for me.

Be good






Comments

  1. WOW! Glad I seen this in my "Reading List" this morning. A real eye-opener and a spirit uplifter. I needed a little motivation. Well said and thanks! Great Post!

    Candi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"