Doing It Wrong

It's our goal not to end up looking like this guy right here ^^^. Anyway at work today my friend Jean suggested I give my critique on Drake's song with Stevie Wonder called "Doing It Wrong. If you have been reading lately I recently gave my perspective on Trey Songz' Me 4 U Infidelity 2. Truth be told this Drake track struck me when I first heard it as well. Tonight I want to talk about doing it wrong Now in my next Column for Viral Status I'll be talking about how people stay in relationships sometimes out of feeling obligated. So please look out for that, but I find this song to somewhat match up with that topic.

"When a good thing goes bad it's not the end of the world." You could've fooled me! Right? Well the guy is right it isn't the end of the world. Having been through some things I know it sure as hell feels like it's the closest thing to Armageddon; it might as well be. That feeling of loss or separation from a loved one is crazy. Chemical changes actually happen that serve as catalysts for that grief you feel. Nonetheless there's a difference when things end, and when things go bad. If things go bad it's a clear sign to move on. You'll find there is life after the same person you thought life ended with. You have to trust yourself to be strong enough.

"We live in a generation of not being in love and not being together, but we sure make it feel like we're together because we're scared to see each other with someone else." Well I think a lot of us fall in love. I'm not talking bullshit love but real love, sometimes stupid love. Sometimes I wonder myself if my heart has been in the right place at times. Chris Rock ( I always reference him) says if you haven't contemplated killing your loved one, you have never been in love. Although an exaggeration (maybe) I understand. To see someone whom you have that emotion for sharing their affections with someone else is almost unfathomable. It's comparable to a worst nightmare coming true. Who wants to go through that? But we do right? And we have no choice but to make it. Seeing someone with someone else is rough, but bear in mind we're talking about things going bad. When things go bad no matter how you feel you need out! I'll go as far as to say this, if things are going bad there may have been break ups or series of "breaks" that ultimately lead to where you stand now. Read them writings on the wall, they not their for style.

Throughout the track Drake continues to hint that the girl can cry if she needs to, but he can't be there to wipe tears anymore. The time for pretending that things will work is over. He calmly exclaims that he needs someone different. No matter how hurt he's feeling, it's clear you're not cut out for each other. In his own solace he's trying to find his strength once again. It's something many of us have done and some need to do. That strength to move on is there but you have to speak it and then move on it. You can't force love or relationships. If your relationship  is as painful as hearing a cat scratch a blackboard then get out (or at least cover your ears).


I personally connect with a lot of the song so I know what it is to leave someone or be left. You know when the right time is to go, you either listen to it or you don't. Problem is the last person you're fooling is yourself. Doing things wrong in life gets you nowhere and keeps your mood in some impoverished land of negativity. This life is to be enjoyed, to be filled with smiles and progression. We have to want better. So my hope for you if you're all the way down is that you realize the greater possibilities and go after them. For once in your life... do it right. :-)

Be Good











Comments

  1. You never disappoint! I've been here and I totally agree that you have to want better! Ultimately, it's your happiness at stake. It's in your hands when you think about it. Your partner may have left you and yes, it feels almost unbearable to the point of no return BUT there is "light at the end of the tunnel". Sometimes we just need that assurance, that trust in ourselves, that what we're doing is the right thing and that we'll be fine in time.. Whether your the "breaker upper" or the "break uppee" (Lol excuse me)

    -- Ari Bee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love, Chris Rock is right, and you're becoming a better writer every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This really went well with my coffee. Really hits home, especially when you feel that you are stuck in between battles with yourself.

    I went through all of the chemically embalanced, unstable hormonal rage about 6 months ago. When the rage dies down and it's like everything went 360 within 24 hrs, he's making changes to make things work. You're sucked back in, all your "man up" talks with yourself was worthless because you become submissive to what you never wanted to miss in the first place....

    I say that to ask, what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a read a little deeper than I should have because I forgot all about the song. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Oprah always says "When you know better, you can do better", and that works so well in love. Sometimes it takes a second to take off the rose colored glasses and see the truth of the situation. BUT once you see the truth, you have to act. I am a big believer that relationships are extracurricular activities. I don't need to be in a relationship, but I choose to be. And I want things I choose to do to be enjoyable. YES, I've wanted to kill my fiance before, but I want to love him even more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first piece of dating advice that my father told me was, "If you do not like a person, dont lead them to think that you do. And if you don't want to be with someone, dont stay just to make them happy"...Funny thing is that my boyfriend and I were talking about this a few days ago. Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?