Waiting


I have a need to start off by saying sorry for the gap between posts. It has been a very hectic few days with the launch of my new column over at Viral Status magazine called "Damn, He Got A Point." Things have also been hectic as i have received the first draft of my book and I now have editing to do, plus I want to add another chapter somewhere. I will also begin contributing to Allcollegeaccess.com where they look to join collegiate communities socially and what not. I'm all for the unity and that's what they're about. So when I feel I can loan a helping word or two, they got it. So with all that said I'm back and I have something I want to share.

Earlier this week a friend of mine and I were speaking. Naturally we start speaking about different women. He begins to ask me what ever happened to a specific girl he knew I was interested in. I told him nothing happened to her lol but I fall back some from time to time. He wanted to know why and I basically told him she might just be too busy; which I respect. So he then goes on into this jocular rant of "man these bitches be wylin." I began to laugh and then he added more saying this: How you got a good nigga after you, he has a degree, has ambition, treats you with respect but you expect the nigga to wait! I laughed again, I wasn't too sure if this is how this particular woman internalized everything.

The deal is this, there's no doubt myself and this girl take a liking to each other. There also is no doubt that her and I are at different stages of our lives with different priorities. I am a firm believer in if you want to make time you will; so to a degree my friend has a point. I found it funny that he was more upset than I. To me it began to be whatever. At the end of the day you still have to handle your business and take care of building your brand; so there's really no harm done. My friend goes on to say though, that you cannot expect a dude to just wait around. He figures once someone else takes more of my attention then she'll "come out of the woodwork." None of that is promised and I anticipate nothing, I'm just doing me. If something sparks my interest, then spark it away lol. But the last thing you want to do is put forth a lot when there's little to no reciprocity. Don't end up being a victim of your emotions in this case.

If you were in a similar scenario what would you all do?

Can you relate at all?

Be good y'all

Comments

  1. Girls seem to have a hard time figuring out how to find a good man.

    Que The Lights
    QTL Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do because I was never in that situation. I guess it just depends on the type of woman she is if she is independent she would want to have her own 1st. It's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

    I thing society makes it a man's world an he can get what he wants when he wants it. Sometimes a girl likes to things slow and its nothing wrong with waiting.

    She could take the risk of losing you with waiting but you can risk her without waiting. It is like a catch22

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"