Striking When The Iron Is Hot




I'm honestly coming off one of the most fun weekends I've had in a long time. For the first time in a good while myself and now my former classmates hung out and just kicked it for most of the day. When my circle gets together I guess it's your typical guy conversations (which I'll never be tired of btw). Without question you end of talking about women. I love talking about women, I think women are great; there's nothing like them. They are sometimes the only thing difficult to deal with that you seemingly will never quit.

As we reminisced about different women and college years, a friend of mine made probably one of the greatest points I'd heard in a long time. He simply said that he believed men can get 95% of women under a situational or circumstantial basis. What he meant was that many times you have to be at the right place at the right time and you can hypothetically have damn near any woman you wanted. For example, there may be a time in which a woman may show interest, and if you don't reciprocate the same vibe during that span, it could possibly be your only chance to have been with them. People's mind change, maybe they felt a way by opening themselves up a little bit. Who knows really right?

We spent time talking about people we used to talk to or could have talked to but didn't move forward with for some reason. My boy used a Drake line to describe the moment which pretty much defined it all saying "I'm addicted to naked pictures and sitting talking about bitches...that we almost had." Now whether or not you take some of the colloquialism to heart or not is your business, but in essence I think it's something men and women do. Sometimes we simply drop the ball on some people. We always have some that just "got away."

I don't think once a moment has passed that you lost all opportunity in all cases. Opportunity may come knocking again, and the next time around you have to take advantage. Strike while the iron's hot. It's probably one of the most annoying things, thinking about people you wanted and just messed up with for whatever reason; that's whack. Quit the fear of the past or fear in general, and just see what happens; essentially we never have anything to lose but the opportunity.

Shout out to my guys for planting the seed

Be good

Comments

  1. i love this post. far too often people let precious moments slip away and end up wondering "what if?" for the rest of their lives!

    <3 jaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing is getting better with every post. Very, very sharp insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach! I always hear guys talking about "the one who got away". . .I think timing is everything and if you're not willing to strike at the right time, then you've missed your opportunity. Sometimes those opportunities arise again, but not always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?