Discrimination




A lot of what I write could be attributed to what some might call "youthful exuberance." There's times I will open up about myself about things I think are funny, and without question I think other people would relate to me with as well. Fresh off my unique vacation of Jamaica I'm sitting in my room tweaking what I call my "Good Night" playlist. My good night playlist is basically my playlist of R&B music I put together when I decide I'm kicking it with a woman. In deleting some stuff and adding some stuff I realized something.... I discriminate.

What do I mean by discriminate? Well I have a way of being very meticulous about everything I do with someone, what I do with them, and how I do it. Maybe the Psychologist in me is always thinking a step ahead in which I believe one behavior may lead to misconceptions down the line. I say that to say this... I don't play music for every woman I've been with. For some sure I have, but I've realized I have subconsciously prioritized some women over others. I'll play the tunes and set the moods for women I really wanted to create an experience for. Then you have others who maybe you play music or you don't, or some who in your head you'd never think to turn on the system. Am I alone on this one? I really don't think so.

What do women do for guys they're crazy about versus not being overly crazy about? Do you all not wear the lace? You make them come to your crib so you don't have to travel? These are all just curious questions. I know men rank their "joints." There's some they would wine and dine and then there's some they wouldn't ask whether they were hungry or not. These are just the facts. At the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say it again, you have to demand your treatment, and you'll get it. It's not demanded in what you say but rather in how you carry yourself and the respect you command. Yes ladies I'm asking you a real question... do you want your free cheeseburger?! Well that's just a figure of speech for a meal, or a date, or a glass of juice, who really knows lol.

If you want certain treatment, and you want to be on the right side of the discrimination as I'm calling it, then do what I'm saying. Some may read this and feel insulted and start reminiscing about who didn't set the mood right for you, don't dwell on it, I'm only speaking for myself, but I know I'm not alone. Discrimination rears it's head in many ways, even Lil Wayne says in one song "I'm talking about when she text me I call back!" There's just some with that power, but that woman has that respect from him. How do you all discriminate or prioritize people you're involved with, I'm sure to get a few laughs.

Be Good

Comments

  1. I completely agree with what your saying Dr. I think that everyone has standards, morals n values. Based on what those things really mean to that specific individual, they develope priorities or for lack of better terms "standards". Based on those "standards" we then give ppl rankings in our life. Each individual serving there own purpose. Once that has been set, it is up to that person to either assume their position or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think we all do it in some shape or form. Though we may not all admit it, we do keep rank and we all probably hold a certain rank in someone else's eyes as well. I will admit that I put more effort into creating experiences for some individuals while with others I didn't put in any effort. But I did learn early on that carrying myself like a lady made men respect me and "put in work" to create memorable experiences for me. My mom taught me not to accept any "half-steppin" or disrespect so I didn't have to worry about dealing with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?