Supply And Demand


My first difficulty in college came in my second semester in a class called Microeconomics. I don't think it was hard back in 06-07 I just think I didn't understand the professor well. In my first semester I took Macroeconomics, this I understood way better. What I got a great grasping on quickly was the lesson on supply and demand. I apply this theory (or fact) to a lot of things in life. I think it is especially relevant to men and women.

Today I want to let ladies into many males mentalities. This will most certainly help you from getting hurt in the future, or at least be more sure of what you plan on getting into. I would like to put you on to this philosophy that there are less men and more women.

Why are there less of us and more of you all? Speaking as a Black man (if you're interested in those) many of us are disproportionately incarcerated (which is a whole other ball game) and that leaves the guys like me who are free with more options I guess you can say. Of the ones like myself that are left, all of us aren't great. Women lose patience real quick with men when things aren't going the right way. You already have the idea in mind that there aren't many good men out there to begin with. What doesn't help is when you get mistreated; some males tend to have a certain attitude towards women which compromises how well they treat someone.

The attitude is simple, there's always someone else. It's the adage of other fish in the sea. Think of this scenario. You sleep with a guy in thinking once you give him your body he'll feel some emotions that you do and he'll want more just as you do. This isn't common and it shouldn't ever be expected. Do not have sex with a guy if you're only going to "hope" for something to happen after. You have to want to do these things. Guys know that whomever they decide to be more serious with, she has to stand out. Under my supply and demand analogy there is a lot of supply of women, and also high demand for them. That being said, to lose one woman doesn't hurt when the likelihood of another coming along is pretty high. Some men may take this for granted and hence treat many unworthily, that's the nature of the beast.

For many women, Black women in particular you all have high demand for a man, but less supply. You lose a good dude, it's not going to be as easy to simply find another. But what you have to do is practice patience, and be honest with yourself, and open about what you want. Quit the compromising, quit the "well I thought if..." type business. Own your shit, be proud and don't be a casualty of the relationship economy. If you notice, those with less suffer more through the tough times, build yourself up to a point in which you don't have to blame the economic climate as to why you're unhappy.

What ya think?

Comments

  1. Love huurts. So very much. I have loved & lost. My heart is STILL raw from it. That's all I've got...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a little bit of my "know your worth" post. I definitely agree that you should get with someone not thinking about what hooking up with them will add to our relationship. If it's not done because you truly want to do it, don't force yourself into it just to make someone more happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. So true. I've been a casualty of love. I think we all have at some point, or will be. Unfortunately, for awhile that put me at a point to never trust anyone. But I woke up from that, there was a common denominator it was the way I was handling each relationship. So I definitely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Own your ish! I'm definitely trying to!!! I am learning to practice patience. But that often times leaves me not giving anyone a shot! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm... Very well said. So glad a guy can open up & be real. I think the issue are expectations. When they are said plain & clear at the beginning, the less casuality at the end. We (men & women) just need to be a little more real/blunt and say what we want.

    cece shrug*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"