Mini Me


Reality has been constantly setting in since my graduation. I'm currently interning at an organization that provides after school programming and mental health services for children with incarcerated parents. This is really being done out of the curiosity of this population and to build experience in the field as well. But since being finished with school for the time being, you can't help but think about the future and how close some things seem to be getting. The first real thing I plan to get is a car once I land a solid salary position. I need to make my own moves and I need my own space. Being self mobile allows all of that and it's pretty much about time. In addition to that I think about relationships, and I guess this is where it gets juicy; where the rubber meets the road.

I met a special person when I was freshman in college, we clicked and for a long time all was well. One thing I admired about her was how crazy she was for her brother. She was always holding him down, would do anything for the little picne if need be. I never seriously thought I would marry this woman or anything, but I did think she would make a great mother; for whomever. She was and still is a very selfless person and it's that kind of quality I think led me to some of my more recent thoughts. I was asked recently about when I would like to have kids. This is damn near a million dollar question right? Well off the top, who really knows? I know that circumstance for sure though.

When I have a kid I want to be:

In love with the mother of my children

Preferably married

employed with stable job as well as some investments making their own little movements

no longer selfish and ready to make a whole bunch of years about someone else first

To back track a little bit, I would first have to find the right woman. So who is the right woman? The right woman is sexy, driven, intelligent,articulate, people friendly, can cook a little bit, can dress her ass off, is honest, is fun, and isn't often complacent. Alright, alright that sounds too politically correct right? Well the right woman is also good in bed, can have great conversations with, likes to go out and dance, loves trying new things, and pushes me to go out of my box as well. All that being said, you can say I'm quite meticulous #ohwell. I honestly think I know someone with all of those qualities and would love the opportunity to take things slow, slow, slow to a romantic point #idontthinksheisreading.

My point is I don't know when exactly I want to have children...or a child. I know I want to be with someone I described hopfully by my mid 20s. And then it now depends on what we both want and some compromises. In a perfect world I will have a child before 30. I want to be a cool dad that gets to play ball with his kid, still be into all the contemporary music, and still whoopin ass in 2K (I will never ever stop playing 2K and Grand Theft Auto, sorry).

*Side Note*
Video games are to my generation, what radios were to my mother's generation. She never stops listening to the radio, and you will see older people playing video games, it's commonplace to us. I'm not saying we are sitting down 24/7 playing, but if you're a gamer you know what unique things playing video games can offer.

But as I was saying, I really want to make sure I have created a comfortable life for myself before I bring a kid into things, I'd want for my little man to be comfy too. I'm simply trying to live responsibly but this all starts for me with making the responsible choice of who I want to mother my child.

Luckily that time has not come yet, I still have some selfish time left, but what about you guys?

Comments

  1. I said this time & time again that i don't want to be someones "baby-mother" i want to be someones wife before i have a child. I'm not saying anything negative against baby-mothers I really am not i applaud them esp if you are a single mother. I just don't want to be known as 'so and so baby mother".

    I want to have my career, i want to be comfortable before i even jump into something like that, because you cant take it back.The right guy has to be honest, I'm a very honest person so i want someone to be as honest as me. The truth will hurt but a lie will hurt even more. I rather be hurt by the truth then hurt by a lie. Someone who knows how to hold a deep convo, has goals & constantly working towards them, humble & thoughtful, has a sense of humor because i can be goofy at times, stable mind & heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i def understand where you're coming from with the "still have time to be selfish". marriage and children are a huge responsibility. it seems as if everyone's goal is to now have seeds before 30 and that's totally logical. i always tell my parents i dont want to be 40 years old with a 5 year old kid. my ex boyfriend had 4 kids(but he was older) and that in itself stressed me out. also, you have to be living comfortably before your child or else its probably going to be ridiculously hard. and you and your mate mos def have to be on the same page. communication is always key and there really isn't any time for assumptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey " doc" (smiles)
    I appreciate you stopping by my blog and being so encouraging, how sweet!!! I figured it would be fun to return the courteous visit and learn more about my new friend and follower! Well I have certainly said farewell to the selfish years 10 years ago when I got married and started having children but I have been blessed with a dedicated and committed husband, father to my 3 kids ( soon to be 4 as you already know)!
    I appreciate your intention on having some stability to be able to provide for your family! Raising a family has more responsibilities than we can expect and in some ways we are never fully prepared for it as there are so many unexpected.Yet,there are 2 secrets weapons to a successuful family, in my very humble opinion, trust in God first and your spouse second and faith in God's faithfulness & grace to always make a way for us when we feel stuck!
    Well I better get off or I will chaaat away! (smiles.) Nice meeting you, looking forward to more conversations! Your new sister/friend! N'na

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?