Hit That Fall Back Button (Courtesy : Mike Thomas)


I guess I'll first off explain the title to this post. The phrase "Hit that fall back button" was coined by a good friend of mine named Mike Thomas. As boys (not only the two of us, but others in our circle) over the years there has been no shortage of... "activity" with women. What I mean by that is at any given point someone has something going on. It could be something good, or it could be a gripe, a headache, an argument etc. But ever since I have had relationships with women there has always been one ongoing thing that has never ceased to come up. This thing is what materializes as nagging. Now in any situation that things became too much my friend Mike would exclaim "hit that fall back button"! This pretty much means calm down and take it easy; fall back.

Space is imperative, it is paramount and has to be respected. I have not had these kinds of problems myself in a very long time. I understand who I am and let people know as we get closer that I don't always want to be up under someone. There's some kind of element for me personally that I think stems from being an only child where I'm fine by myself. I relish having the house to myself in complete quiet, i can go places on my own with confidence not always needing an entourage. This is just who I am. Your partner male or female needs to know who you are, you need to tell them what to expect when they decide they want to be involved with you.

There was a girl I used to talk to in High School who once got annoyed that I called her too much. Back then A lot of girls I talked to wanted and liked attention (that's all good). I can dig it, and i basically generalized and figured I have to give the same amount of attention to anyone I spoke to, but I had a rude awakening. This girl one day told me verbatim "Why do we have to speak everyday? If we speak everyday I may not always have something new to tell you." Now obviously if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend you're probably going to speak once a day. But this simply told me, that she felt bombarded and that's the last thing I wanted to do.

Trying to make yourself closer to your partner may end up with you pushing them away. If you know they like their breathing room, respect it, understand it, and grant it. Trust me your guy or gal would highly appreciate it. The last thing someone has to feel is feeling like their answering to their parents. Furthermore answering questions not even their parent would ask. Respect each other as adults and don't be offended if someone says they want some space. Space is helpful and adds some more excitement when you all do kick it, won't make life so damn robotic; feel me? Dont be "that guy" and be asked to hit the fall back button, read your own relationship and figure out what's best. How do you all feel?

Til next time...

Comments

  1. I can dig this post!

    I've been in a relationship where I had sooo much space and independence (which I liked), yet that wasn't working out. It was too much freedom. Now I'm in a relationship where I feel like we're together so much - it took some getting use to because I was so use to being independent. We've learned to find a balance where he knows I need my time. This is something your discover after getting to know someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but how much space is too much space??? some people can go weeks without talking to their love interest. i guess if thats the case it must mean they are not interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I am a loner myself and don't like to feel smothered. I can't be with anyone that does not have a life outside of our relationship, you have to maintain your own identity regardless if you are in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?