It's All In Your Head


Today I took a break from job searching and what not and just chilled. Of course in that, I spent time just in thought and thinking of more scenarios to get into that I could possibly write about. I began to think of something that I thought was pretty interesting. There is a pull and tug in relationships between both parties....what do I mean? The ultimate goal is to keep each other happy. This is a job in itself simply because you are two different people. No matter how much you try to appease one another, eventually something else will rear it's ugly head. With that being said there's a constant give and take involved, that's just fact. You either have to embrace compromise or just be single if you don't want to :-/ up to you.

There is a constant mental game that goes on in which you are pretty much picking your battles. This doesn't mean by any means that your relationship is in bad shape, you're just constantly trying to make sure you're keeping the peace. It's probably the most strategic game you'll play. When things go wrong you take time to think about what you want to say and how you want to say it. When your around him/her other things speak for you other than your mouth. Depending on who you're dealing with sometimes people will twist whatever you say to try and boost whatever stance they've taken. In that you're trying to make sure you carefully respond in order to nullify the squabble.

It sounds tricky and it is sometimes since some people are just difficult in their nature. The people who have you play this mental game the most are the people with the most pride. I think there's a thin line between pride and stupidity and the prideful people seem to nitpick more. They nitpick more because quite simply they're looking for a crevice in which they can say "Hey look at me I'm right!" It's possible in a small instance they have a point but their insatiable appetite for being right usually sparks conflict that isn't necessary. Pride is good if it influences good things such as your focus or your diligence in handling situations. But their is no space in these relationships for foolish pride, it's juvenile and you look juvenile in the end. If you plan on being with someone and being happy be open to logic; if not you're doomed. If you find yourself damn near daily having to play this game in your head about saying the right things and worrying about feelings then you have to re-evaluate some things because being with someone shouldn't be about constantly walking on eggshells. What do you think?

Comments

  1. I will say that I honestly am one of those people that take things the wrong way very easily. I always admit to everyone, not that I explode or anything but I will definitely give someone the side eye in a minute, lol. No gray areas here, if you say then you mean it and that's how I take it. Reading this is making me re-evaluate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"