The Chase


Ever wanted someone and it seemed like a chase? There's a line between chase and stalk. If you're stalking the chances are the person you're pursuing isn't remotely as interested as you are. But if there is some mutual interest shared maybe there's a little chase involved. I can't really speak for guys because I'm not sure if they do it. I never really heard of a guy who plays hard to get. I sort of don't think guys are hard to get. If they figure a woman wants them and they're interested then more times than not there's no wasted motion. The majority of the time I guess you can say we have a "say no more," "just let me know when" kind of mentality.

Some women do play this game though. Maybe it's fun for them, or maybe it's out of necessity. Out of fun maybe because they think it's cute, and maybe they enjoy that whole courting process. I think that's fine, whatever works for you. Some women I think like to give a chase out of necessity, maybe they're trying to figure out a guy's intentions. She could be judging a guy's character, or it could be her way of making sure he respects her. Maybe she's trying to buy herself sometime figuring out if she really is interested or not. I can dig all of these motives; I respect it. I guess women do have to look out a little more, they're naturally vulnerable to the abundance of bad guys out there. I'd say a woman playing hard to get is a good way to weed out guys who are generally interested. There's no full proof way to prevent disappointments in this game but trust me the men you don't want are the guys that want to put the least amount of work in as possible.

For the fellas I'd say we don't mind the chase. We only mind if we feel a woman really isn't "worth" the effort. I know that sounds pretty dickheadish but that's a reality. There's some women who guys don't see a reason to go an extra mile for. Essentially it comes down to how much a guy respects you, based on whatever his preferences are. It's similar to the effect of an unattractive person calling someone else ugly; let's call it the "you don't have the right" mentality. But I could pretty much swear to you, if you have a man's respect and admiration he'll show you he wants you, and if you have interest please play along. If you don't have interest don't continue pulling dude's finger #thatsnotnice. The hope ultimately is that the effort pays off, the dates, the attention and hopefully everyone goes home happy. Ideally I'd love for everyone to end up like the couple I have placed above. The basis for that happiness is carrying yourself and living in a respectable manner, or else the smart guys won't chase you and the wrong ones will; trust me on this one.

Do you all give chase?

Comments

  1. Crazy thing is that my little sister and I were having this convo yesterday! I'm old school to the core and I really know what the chase is...I don't play hard to get but I know my worth and I'm not giving in to any Joe Dick or Harry that tells me I'm beautiful....is that your game? Cool. Keep it moving. The guy that puts in the work and fights a good fight...wins the prize...I don't get this 'hookin up' generation....mad weird to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL problem is too many women make it too easy. I joke with my friends saying when we were in high school it was a little harder, but these ladies get grown and excited but don't figure out a game for themselves to weed guys out. What you end up getting is guys who been living easy and who have gotten used to not putting in work. They probably are good people they just aren't used to putting in any work. Some guys see they have to put in a little extra and they rethink things lol like "damn do I really want it that bad?" But back to the main point the effort is nothing if the motive is of a positive nature. So you keep up what you doing girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?