Years In The Making


Finally back on this writing thing after finally completing college, and it feels good. For the past week and change I've been relaxing in the house, running errands, job searching, and hanging out. On my down time (which now is most of the time) I bullshit and tweet while I job search or tweet while watching movies or the game. Then there are some times where I do your occasional "tweet watch." What is tweet watching? Tweet watching is simply reading remarks of people on your twitter timeline and not really writing any of your own; just simply reading. In my tweet watching a couple days ago I saw a tweet that I felt had more to it than what met the eye.

So a couple days ago I saw one female tweet to another female something along the lines of "Don't worry girl the lord has the right man placed for you." Now on the surface eh it doesn't sound bad at all right? regardless of what you may believe it seems like a real common thing to say I'd suppose. But then I related a comment like that to men or myself. Then I started to think....damn is i that serious? Let's be honest we're young and I don't think most men are thinking "the lord has the right woman chosen for us." I think guys are more inclined to go with the flow, brush shoulders off blah blah. But this girl's one comment spoke volumes to me.

When is the seed planted in women that put them into this thought process of finding the "right one" so early on? I think men are way ,more realistic in the potential of relationships at this age. When women come out of a failed relationship they seem shocked many times that it didn't work out... at least that's how it seemed to me. This doesn't mean you set low expectations, but more so you just have to remain cognizant of the reality. We men I think have more of a mentality of "I'll cross that bridge when we get to it." which is probably why this woman's comment puzzled me. In my head I simply say yea a dude did you dirty and it sucks, the reality is some more dudes will do you dirty and eventually one won't. That's not said for consolation, to me that's just a reality. My ups and downs with women isn't close to over yet and neither are you ladies problems with men near over. But from every failed situation you need to be picking up lessons in order to cushion your fall for what may come next. This was just something to think about, what do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?