Walking The Aisle


Late last night I ended up watching "The Father of The Bride." At first I couldn't believe I was seeing it from the beginning for the first time in years and then my mind began to wander throughout the movie. Now I'm only at the ripe young age of 22 but needless to say in the next 5 years or so this just may be my life. The life of wedding planning and subsequent marriage. The idea of marriage and a wedding is exciting to say the least but I refuse to underestimate the effort to pull both off successfully.

The movie got me thinking in detail about weddings and the details involved. In my head I'd love to have the world there! I know many people and I would love for a bunch of people to be a part of that day. In my head I think of this crazy celebration, a great ceremony and a legendary reception that would be a throwback to my college days almost. Of course this is all in my head but I guess you could almost call it my ideal. Now when it comes down to this nitty gritty of flowers and all that stuff I admit I'm probably not your guy; I'd leave all that to the wife. All I ask for my reception is the livest red velvet cake my money can buy.

From thinking about weddings I then watch "The Best Man" today and begin to think about bachelor parties. I not only think about my own but I also think about the ones my friends will have; the thought alone makes me smile. I'd like to think we're all pretty entertaining people and when those days come they'll probably be some of the most memorable ever. I go from that extreme to the extreme of hoping our spouses are understanding of what bachelor parties would mean in our circle and I'd hope they'd understand how we would want to celebrate. I'd encourage my wife to go get with her girls and bug out on her night and do the same.

From the thoughts of celebration my mind then goes to who exactly would be the person I share the stage with? I couldn't say right now, maybe I know them already or maybe I don't but when that time comes what qualities must she possess? As my circumstances change as I grow I'm sure some of my qualities I ask for will change as well. But the wife has to be honest and ambitious, She has to be patient and understanding. She also has to be a good mother and have a strong sense of self worth. She has to make me laugh, she has to be stylish and well spoken. I could go on and on because I always say that you'll be way more meticulous in choosing more serious partners. I look forward to those moments when the time comes. I don't spend my days thinking about these things as i have so many other things I want to accomplish before then but it's just fun to think about here and there. What's your ideal marriage/wedding/bacheleor- bachelorette party experience?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"