I'm #DEAD


The last few posts I've been gradually adding elements of twitter to some things I say. This week's post i guess is no different with the phrase I used for my title. The term to be dead at something pretty much means you're finished with whatever it may be. That being said I'm dead at all this end of the world madness. To not get too deep into this whole deal I'll simply paraphrase. There was some wild religious rumor that some scam artist thought up that on all days, May 21st, 2011 at 6 p.m. the world was supposed to end. To most people we'd think this is straight stupidity; at least I did.

Now I ain't religious man number one or anything but what I do have is some common sense. Common sense tells me that if this date was set then why was there a buzz for the turn of the century with Y2K? Who would care about Y2K when you know in eleven years the world will end? Or why didn't they give us a reminder this past new year's eve saying "hey guys enjoy your last year on earth." All jokes aside this whole deal was completely asinine. What I have seen come out of it I'm trying to figure out if it's good or bad.

This whole hoax brought to life the reality of mortality. To me i get reminded of mortality by every death...that's all it takes. But what I found was some people who were actually worried about the world ending. My response to those worries were " what are you going to do about it?" Really and truly we can do nothing world ending or not. So what this says to me is that many people aren't making the most out of their every day, there's many people who simply feel unfulfilled and it took this hoax to drive that point to them. I guess this new found awareness is good if it makes people live more fully. But this hoax means nothing if it just puts you in fear; either way it's all over now. Live freely and with integrity; later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?