SMH (Scratching My Head)


I continue to learn a lot through my experiences with people, and specifically women. Seems like I daily become a little more understanding and willing to see another view other than my own. I'll never ever have all the right answers and I hope none of us are expected to. But in that there's a growth and an acceptance of that reality. With that said it seems the older I get, just when I think I have some answers, women change the question.

Lately I've just been scratching my head trying to put a pin point on how I've been feeling, and why I've been feeling certain ways. You all ever just get thrown a curve ball sometimes?
I'm not saying it's a bad thing that's going on, but you do end up getting responses or predicaments in which you just weren't expecting. After the fact you try to make something of it all, but all the pieces just don't add up. That's pretty annoying right? Well it is for me, as an only child I have spent a lot of time in my life figuring things out for myself, many of it through trial and error. This stage of my early twenties I believe is the same deal. I try certain things, many things work, some fail. Maybe this is the nature of dating or "talking" or whatever.

I think I accept that (trial and error), but I don't think that philosophy is shared or maybe not thought about enough. Maybe we just get caught up in the moment and don't put in perspective that we're young and sometimes will simply make some sus decisions. It goes both ways,I have to be understanding of when makes a mistake as well or be understanding of them not understanding my views on certain things. Of course this is proverbially easier said than done. I guess being understanding and patient is practice as well. So i guess right now as I scratch my head over some situations I'll hope for some patience and understanding and in that maybe I'll get some answers to my own questions.

Y'all ever been confused in this world of relationships?

Comments

  1. Dr. LiL....I understand you more than you know. My solution to this (which has worked for me) is to first give yourself time to figure YOU out by being a loner for some time filling your time instead with a new poject or hustle. Then when you get back into the dating game, make sure that physical intimacy is not on the top five things to do. Discipline and a desire to explore each other mentally, emotionally and spiritually is so much more fulfilling. People don't understand how quick physical intimacy throws that off. Plus, you'll be able to know first hand facts about what you're really getting into and who you're getting into it with. Much love my brother as always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?