So Emotional


Something has really been irking me lately. If anything I guess it's just an observation, nevertheless it's something I'd like to shed a little light on. I am a proud tweeter (@DoctaPOPS) and I tweet a bunch and read a bunch of tweets. For the most part it's just innocent fun for me and if I have an opportunity to encourage someone or make them smile then that's cool too.

Nevertheless I think I happen to follow more women than men on twitter for whatever reason...okay maybe for slightly more obvious reasons lol. But anywho I can't help but notice how much women seem to complain on there. I don't want to come from some non-empathetic kind of place but it's just an observation. For instance there's this person named @Relationship101 who would usually tweet different proverbs as they pertain to relationships. More times than not if there's a tweet pertaining to sorrow, or pain a woman retweets (repeats) it.

I visited my oldest cousin at work yesterday and posed the question "Do women go through more stuff than us? I guess what I wanted to know is if women just express their dismay with their situations more? The way I see it is that I have a whole lot of friends, and we kick it almost everyday and I can't really recall many complaints we ever have unless it's about a woman. Now I know none of us are immune to life's hardships, but why does it seem it's women who are always the disgruntled?

I'm simply wondering; I go through most days and regardless of my situation I'm usually pretty upbeat. Most of the guys I know are the same way. Are these women just looking for someone who cares? Or are these women simply trying to motivate themselves? I'm really not too sure, what I do know is that those who constantly complain could use some positive reinforcement and some more "Me" time.

What do you all think?

Comments

  1. Wow...see...thats why I love you. I just read this Post and noticed how the guys I date always say the same thing to me, "Yo you be acting like a dude!" and when I ask for an explanation, they always respond that its because I don't cry or argue....or I don't be looking through their phones and stuff (what?!)
    Like you Dr. LIl...I'm easy going and I just rock out on a daily. Imma have to piggy back on this one with a new Post....Imma def link it to this for references! Thanks hun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i'm def flattered, but this whole thing just baffles me, not in no dickhead way, i guess it's just a big difference between men and women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great observation Dr.Lil ...and it is so true that we do retweet thing that pertain to our experiences ( that goes along with pain and sorrow)...w/o any struggle, pain, or sorrow, I do not belive any of us would be able decipher btwn what is right and what is wrong for us. I think its quite obvious that just as you guys complain about women amongst yourselves ,in a more passive manner, we do the same. We women are just a little more loud and active about it. IN MY OPINION , I DO BELIEVE WE, (BOTH MEN AND WOMEN), ARE LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING , IN TERMS OF , COMPANIONSHIP. Males have been condiotioned to be these calm, cool characters when it comes to emotions. Not only do I blame society, but I blame the female species for carrying on this tradition where men who express their emotions are inferior or , (in our terms, "pussy, gay , bitchass, etc"). But as we mature, and our understanding of the value of companionship grows ,we all want that one person who cares, as well as , be 100% vulnerable with and not be judged. And "ME" is not always what you think it means, remember that !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make great points, I def agree

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?