Skin Deep?


A while back I did a post called "Different Strokes for Different Folks." In that post I talked about how we all see beauty differently. I guess you can look at my post today as sort of a sequel to that post. I've posed this question before but what makes someone attractive?

Let's keep it funky, yes personality counts for so much. I totally agree with that. Personality will take you where looks can't as I can definitely attest. But for argument's sake let's say you and someone else share the same interest, or passion. That may make them more appealing to the person you are... but does it make them physically appealing?

Let's say "Precious" (above) loved being a humanitarian, and you (a guy) did as well. You guys get along great, the best personality ever! Do you deal? Granted this can be seen as an exaggerated scenario... no pun intended but does her interest make her that much more appealing? What I'm saying is swagger can't always take you across that finish line.

I value the person someone is before anything else, but to be true to myself you have to catch my eye as well regardless of any things we may have in common. I know people see other people differently, but there are some people who almost all people unequivocally agree that are just not appealing. Sometimes we all behold the same beauty as we behold the opposite. So is beauty really only skin deep? I say no, beauty translates into more down the line when it comes to attractions and stimulation. Distinctions have to be made between aesthetics and personality. I may do another part to this there's more I'd like to say, but what do you think?

Comments

  1. I think that personality does go a LONG way, but sometimes a personality isn't easy on the eyes.

    I think that there are times when someone has their swagger on point, their mind in the right place, and a good heart and while they may not be gorgeous, you slowly get to find them to be more attractive. However, there has to be some slight attraction there. All jokes aside, if you find that person to be physically repulsive (harsh, but it be like that sometimes) it's going to take a lot of time and actual EFFORT for you to make yourself physically attracted to them. It needs to be somewhat organic. When you find that amazing personality but the looks are really just NOT there, that person ends up being a good friend. .and I think that's fine. At least you're being honest.

    But on the opposite end, if someone has one or two physical traits that you feel you can't live with, you're being superficial. There's a very fine line between being superficial and having a preference.

    PS - I see you re-hooked your blog up and got that header goin'! Okay, okay. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?