Spitting Images


When we're young our parents tell us a bunch of things we simply blow off. There are things about our parents we may not necessarily want to embody, and some things we do. In women there's something that interests me. Women and their relationships with their mothers vary vastly. I know many women who are the closest things in the world to their mothers. They share moments, they shop together, they talk, they laugh. Those mothers usually serve as mentors as well. Those daughter usually embody the mother's best qualities. And I always say you lead by example.
On the other hand I know women who don't connect with their mothers too well. It's not usually an issue of respect on the daughter's part. Contrary to what you may think, these ladies want that love from their mother. They have to see other good mother/daughter relationships and want the same thing. I used to see father/son relationships and want a good one for myself.
I try to affirm to myself everyday to try and be the best man I can be today. There's always part of me that does not want to resemble the bad qualities my dad did possess.
I can only imagine for the ladies who don't have strong foundations with their mothers, they just want that good attention from them. Many women see their mothers do certain things, or live certain ways, and take after them. As much as they may deny it, they are subconsciously a product of their environment sometimes. The smallest things manifest themselves in you. From seeing your mother's relationships with men, to how they take care of themselves, to how they speak to people and how they prioritize. Look at yourself today, how much do you resemble your parent. Both the good and the bad, do you agree?

Comments

  1. As the years pass, I truly hate to admit this, but I am getting to be more and more like my mother as I get older. Simple things, like the way I organize my kitchen in my apartment, or phrases that she says, or the way I just go about doing things. There are good things, and bad things, but I can't even help it. lol. Your parents rub off on you whether you like it or not, it's just a matter of whether or not you let it show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?