My Farewell

This post strays from my usual "M.O." but I felt I should say a little something. This week a former professor of mine, Dr. Reiter passed away., There's not many professors that have an instant profound impact on you. But this man from my first class with him I knew he was different. Dr. Reiter was an extemely humble man who treated everyone with great humility. I was extremely saddened by his loss, mainly because I wanted him around more to help strenghthen my own psychological foundation as it pertains to my major. He's taught me much in the area of Abnormal Psychology. But the biggest lesson he taught me was one he didn't teach. Dr. Reiter was not well and there were many days he didn't make it to class. But what a joy it was to see him when he did. The strength and courage he showed dealing with whatever condition he had really made me appreciate him that much more. There's comfort for me in knowing that I never took him for granted. But I'd be lying if I ever said I won't miss him. My simple lesson to you all is you can push yourself further than you may think. This man graded my classes' papers. He taught us. And I know we're all a little better for knowing him, I feel so lucky to have been in his last classes. Let this once again be a reminder of how special this life is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?