#Imagrownassman


Probably one of the funnier days on my break was yesterday. My friend Harwons, some of you may know has this joke we say around women when they come around looking good or smelling nice or whatever. i.e let's say a friend come in the room with leggings on and starts dancing in front of us, we'd say something like "girl you can't just be doing that in front of me,I'm a grown ass man. It's just something stupid we do. well Yesterday my roommate suggested we start that as a trending topic on twitter, and we tweeted all day.
What stood out to me was different people's idea of what being grown meant. But most responses surrounded around being responsible. Of course there were normal guy jokes in between, but for the most part, responses were about handling business.
Seeing the ladies responses to his was also interesting. As there responses seemed to center more around being chivalrous. That's all good too I think being a grown man has to really do with a few simple but important elements.

Respect- You have to respect yourself and the ones around you, and your environment. respect only works if it's mutual.

Responsibility- You can't be a "grown ass man" if you don't handle business. Handle the things you have to the best way you can, that will translate into respect as well.

Integrity- Do what you say you're going to do. live up to your responsibilities and be honest about things, even if you come up short.

Feel free to add anything else I'd love to see responses

P.S. Holla if you need me might be my 2nd fav trey song, random but w/e is my rhaatid blog,lol.

Comments

  1. i love this. you are the definition of a grown ass man=) work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. intelligence- about all things, not just book smarts. a grown ass man should be able to hold different kinds of conversations with different kinds of company. he shouldn't limit himself.

    this post is great haha. its sad that a lot of people aren't mature... but im glad there's still some good ones left. the picture is hilarious, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. You, Kahlil, are a grown ass man :) I think you did a great job with nailing the main points that defines a grown ass man. Also, remember that you must be able to say when you're wrong, even if it hurts your pride (that goes for grown ass men & women)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol@adwoa I seen the picture and just had to put i take pride in finding da right pics for ma post,lol I like the additions, y'all are right

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?