Guilty Pleasures


My aunt has a saying she told me when I was 11 that always stuck with me. She said too much of one thing was good for nothing. It rings true in so many facets of life. For instance too much salt you get high blood pressure. Too much sugar on your teeth you get cavities, so on and so forth. Well as it pertains to females and males maybe there's a lesson there to be learned.
Why are we always compelled to want some things that may not be good for us? People smoke cigarettes knowing it has the potential to kill them. A lot of women continue to get with the same men one after the other. Something's got to give. You've had enough of that "type" it's time to find a new type, a type that fits you more. Oh Geez you might have to step out your comfort zone, or maybe even make a couple exceptions. But it might just be worth your happiness.
Nothing is healthy for you when it's overdone, with food you'll get fat or sick, and in relationships you'll end up with the same heartbreaking result. I speak to you ladies just wanting you all to know you need to be smarter. Let these men understand the respect you command. KNOW YOUR WORTH! If you don't we men unfortunately would exploit that(generally speaking).
Men simply counter what you give us. Men capitalize off what you may lack emotionally. What am I saying? before you give yourself to a man in terms of a committed situation. YOU have to be comfortable and confident in YOU. No man "gives" you confidence. we're only the catalyst. We are all compliments of each other. A man doesn't bring you happiness, but we should be looking to add to that happiness. Understand a guilty pleasure is what's permissive once in a while, maybe in terms of people, maybe a lil booty call here n there with ya fantasy dude. But think of your ideal man as "eating healthy. There's only longevity in eating healthy. Indulging in those guilty pleasures only brings bigger problems you don' want. I just want you ladies to begin to choose wisely, you all deserve to be healthy.

Comments

  1. WHY was this post so good! OMG! You are sooo right. Speaking as someone who has/had self esteem issues, your completely right. You can't fully give yourself to ANYONE without fixing your qualms about yourself. And in my journey to loving myself, i'm learning how to give more to someone else. "Think of your ideal man as eating healthy"... I must say that shit is genius, lol. We accept things in partners that we wouldn't eat if there was a food equivalent, lol. It's true... we definitely do find stepping out our comfort zone uncomfortable. But sometimes its just those kind of people that we are attracted to, and we get fooled by the "I'll never hurt you"s and the "I'm not like everybody else"s. Knowing exactly what we want and how we want our relationships to be, and not accepting any less definitely takes out the basis for failure. I said a lot but wow this was good... two thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil, truer words were never spoken. I have PERSONALLY been in bad situations with men that was a direct result of them not being "good" for me and me not being confident enough in myself to demand the respect that I wanted. This blog definately puts things in perspective, those men were "guilty pleasures"

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Damn,,,

    What if you are scared to look for something different...I know I could not let my ex go because I thought I could not find anyone better than him..Not only was I wrong but I realize what a fool I for considering his feelings over mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?