"Cliche'"


I had some interesting dialogue with people this week in regards to relationships. A common problem that came up was the whole friend issue. I have a philosophy that when I like someone I let them know fairly early, so I can assert myself from that point. I think when you wait too long to say something a woman becomes comfortable and says I just see you as a friend. There are also situations where a lady would say "let's be friends first." which leads me to ask how do we know when exactly is the right time to say anything? You're sometimes damned if you do and damned if you don't. You wait too long and you're just a friend, then that grows into "brother", and sometimes you're relegated to friend role from jump street. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of getting to know someone and building a friendship, I think its imperative. But the whole you're brother thing...that's never pleasant to hear, I've heard it once or twice myself. The bigger question I have I guess is why does this seem to only occur with women towards men and not more so men towards women? Just some food for thought, what you think?

Comments

  1. The issue is girls/women don't look at their friends as partners for themseleves. Men mainly associate with girls they are attracted to.

    Girls usually wait for guys to make the move, so you can't get mad at them for thinking of you that way if you never made a move.

    You have to take a risk on a female friend if you have feelings for them. Let them know you like them and I'm sure you'll get somewhere otherwise you stay in your place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

"Whom"