"Wifey"


I'm at the Maxwell concert yesterday and before it began my friends and i get into this discussion of how people are quick to call their significant others wifey and hubby. I guess it's cute...but I think it's safe to assume that men find the terms cool, and maybe women really put their feelings more into it..maybe. I think the term is cool to bring a certain feel to the relationship, to show that yea yall got a bond maybe stronger than just a normal boyfriend girlfriend couple might have. But more recently i think the term is being used too loosely. In my mind at least you gotta really have a real effect on me for me to be like yea I'm chillin with the wife. It's real convenient but i think it paints a false picture for some ladies, ladies who are dying to hear words that give them reassurance that their man is serious about what they got. Well maybe that's where the problem lies, no word like wifey should define that, what should define how a man really feels bout you is his actions, and vice versa. Drop something.

Comments

  1. I agree with you one hundred percent on this. The same also goes for the word love. People are mad quick that word out there. Sortof takes meaning away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree. As bad as it may be to ask... I feel like sometimes you just need to put it out there and ask the person " When you call me this, what does this mean? Cause I'm not trying to get the wrong idea..." And like Edge said, the same thing with Love. People use it way too loosely, and then sometimes they try and flip it and be like " OOO, well, I mean luv not love". Puh leese, lol.

    I'm a new reader to your blog, I just started one too, talking about dating and what not... check me out when you get a moment at thedatingconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... Many people cheat on their "wifeys" and "husbands" and excuse their behaviors with well their not married. I think people need to stick with dating if they are not going to be faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?