Quick Fixes
Lately I think I have been pushed to think about even more ideas to write about. I have gotten good feedback and suggestions from family and friends this week and I can definitely say I enjoyed everything I put out this week thoroughly. Tonight (or this morning) I speak of sweeping things under the rug. I notice within myself and in other relationships that I observe that sometimes we try to execute what I will call quick fixes. When you hear people speaking of quick fixes you think things such as drugs, or alcohol, or compulsive eating, etc. People get involved into these things and sometimes they become addictions and they're usually doing it to cover up a much more bigger and visceral issue. This is how I see quick fixes in relationships. Quick fixes manifest themselves in relationships in a few ways. Quick Fixes Being passive during arguments Making up for things with gifts Saying what you know wants to be heard (not what you believe) Doing what you know wants to be done (Not ...
Comments
Post a Comment