Bad Habits


So much of who we are is a result of nurture. In Psychology, and in biology period there's always the issue of nature versus nurture. In our relationships, that's basically what creates our issues, and our joys. Things that are our nature are usually things we have come to expect from one another. Nurture issues on the other hand are the things we seem to have the least amount of patience for.

Our bad habits as people come from our upbringings or lack thereof. The disrespect women receive from men can be traced to how they were taught to treat women. The insecurities women feel can be derived from a parent putting them down or a father not expressing just how much his daughter is worth. There has to come a time at which this is no longer acceptable. I'm not trying to say that it is acceptable to begin with, but as you get older we should get rid of some childish ways right? It repulses me to see women disrespected. I was raised by a woman, and either to my credit or not I've grown into someone who takes pride in treating a woman right. In my mind, whomever I choose to get close with i want to be the best thing that ever happened to them, and hopefully my actions follow suit.

Unfortunately many haven't had the opportunities I've had growing up. This is in no way any excuse, but it's time people start demanding certain types of treatment and respect. We also should know that all of our nurture issues are subjected to change. Once we feel we fall short somewhere, we can try to change bad habits. We only do this if we have a fire under our ass, and when i say that I'm referring to incentive. If we care enough to better ourselves then chances are we will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Does The "WYD Guy" Exist and How Do We Get Rid of Him?

Maybe Men Are Trash

Maybe A Man Should Love A Woman More Than She Loves Him?